What better, more cocktail-friendly citrus is there than the ruby red grapefruit? Its refreshingly bittersweet flavor and elegant pink color consistently make for a cocktail that’s as easy on the eyes as it is to sip. I used light rum as the base, Aperol, a squeeze of fresh lime, and enhanced the sweet red-fruit flavor by adding Cassis, a black currant liqueur.
I am a serious coffee addict. So you can imagine how happy it makes me that nowadays people are taking their coffee as seriously as a fine glass of wine. Here are a few ways you can take your love of that roasted brew to the next level of obsession. On my wish list, a gold french press!
Who doesn’t like kale nowadays? My favorite preparation of this ever-popular leafy green is raw in a salad. This is my go-to salad recipe for kale and has a wonderful combination of different flavors and textures– the pairing of fennel and green apple go so perfectly with the hearty kale. You can substitute the Parmesan and walnuts with any other hard cheese and nuts you may have lying around.
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- sesame oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine about 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with minced shallots.
- Stream in 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil while whisking.
- Add a small drizzle of sesame oil– a little goes a long way.
- Salt and pepper to taste