How much do I love cardamom? Very, very, very, very, very, very, very much. I don’t like to play favorites with my spices, but lately cardamom has been making an appearance in everything I’m able to sneak it into. Its aroma is so fragrant and sultry it almost feels like cheating. Cardamom pairs well with almost everything too. I like to use it as I would vanilla extract. It provides a subtle compliment but you can turn up the flavor of cardamom for a really unique flavor. For Valentine’s Day, I’ve made this super easy white chocolate bark with ground cardamom and topped the bark with beautiful edible rose petals, pistachios and edible gold leaf. The combination of cardamom, rose and pistachios is so incredible. I guarantee whoever you celebrate Valentine’s Day with will swoon over this white chocolate bark.
CARDAMOM WHITE CHOCOLATE BARK WITH ROSE, PISTACHIO & GOLD
- 1.5 pounds of white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoons of ground cardamom
- chopped pistachios
- edible rose petals
- edible gold leaf
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a very low simmer. Place a bowl over the pot so it sits just above the water. Melt the white chocolate, stirring constantly with a spoon. White chocolate burns very easily so make sure to keep the heat on low. Add the cardamom. When it is mostly melted and there are just a few small lumps remove from the stove and continue to stir until the remaining chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate over a silicon mat or parchment paper and even out the chocolate by tilting the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle pistachios and rose petals over the white chocolate. Then using tweezers, place pieces of edible gold leaf on the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to cool entirely in the refrigerator until hard.
- Break off into pieces
(images by HonestlyYUM)