- 2 teaspoons of finely grated ginger
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Peel and finely grate the ginger. Set aside.
- Crack open the cardamom pods and grind the seeds using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- Add sugar and water to a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add ginger and ground cardamom and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Once the syrup has cooled, strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Transfer to a large jar or bottle and add sparkling water. Store in the refrigerator.
(images by HonestlyYUM)