Happy National Rum Day! Despite its fascinating history, rum hasn’t quite experienced the widespread revival in today’s cocktail culture that it truly deserves. If it was up to me, every different type of rum would have it’s own holiday. There’d be singing, dancing, and of course mandatory tastings! Until then, I’ll be honoring my favorite spirit by rounding up a few rum-related links.
- Start by quenching your thirst with this classic rum remedy, the Painkiller. Head on over to Instagram for the full recipe.
- Let’s debunk some myths, shall we?
- FYI . . . how to not f@%& up a daiquiri.
- So simple, but oh so good.
- How refreshing do these look?!?
- Now that’s my kinda zombie apocalypse.
- When it comes to rum, geography is everything.
- Don’t be afraid to get a little creative every once in a while.
- Just another reason to love Joy the Baker.
- A handful of these and I’m good to go.
- Still my favorite drink of the year.
Wishing you a safe and happy day of rum!
(image by HonestlyYUM)