I am owning this long weekend. It’s like all of a sudden I decided to have a social life. Imagine that!! A couple BBQs, a birthday party, a baseball game. I even made time for exercise! Let’s put a bow on it, shall we? After all, it’s still the weekend, right? While I’m typically more restrained in my bloody mary approach, there’s nothing wrong with going a little bonkers now and then. Here’s what happens when a few diabolical minds (Erica, Karen and I) get together and do a little day drinking.
Start by gathering all your ingredients and garnishes. This will help speed up the drink-making process. Remember to cook your crab legs and shrimp if you aren’t buying them pre-cooked. Also cook the bacon, and grate some fresh horseradish.
Add all of the cocktail ingredients to your shaker, fill with ice, and shake for 10 seconds. Pour the entire contents of the shaker into a black lava salt-rimmed pint glass.
Now for the fun part – start adding the garnishes!!
Feel free to add or subtract any of the garnishes to adhere to your taste.
And there you have it . . . the ultimate bloody mary!
The Ultimate Bloody Mary
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz tomato puree
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 big dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated horseradish
- 3 dashes Tabasco
- 2 pinches celery salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- crab leg (cooked)
- whole shrimp (cooked)
- celery stick
- lemon wedge
- pickled green beans (preferably spicy)
- caper berries
- cherry tomatoes
- mini sweet peppers (fresh)
- black lava salt for the rim
- Add all of the cocktail ingredients into your shaker.
- Fill with ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour the entire contents of the shaker into a black lava salt-rimmed pint glass.
- Add as many of the garnishes as humanly possible.
(images by HonestlyYUM)