- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (halved)
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a simmer.
- Once the syrup reaches a simmer remove from heat and let cool completely (approximately 30 minutes).
- Add the strawberries. I like combining the strawberries once the syrup has cooled because you get a bright, fresh strawberry flavor, rather than a cooked, jammy strawberry flavor.
- Use a potato masher to mash the strawberries to a pulp. If you don’t have a potato masher you can use the bottom of a glass.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, removing the strawberry pulp. Store in the refrigerator.
(image by HonestlyYUM)