We’ve hit a mini heat wave here in the Bay Area the last few days, and by heat wave I mean low 70’s. I know what you’re thinking . . . hardly a heat wave, try 90 degress + humidity. But hey, it still feels like summer to me! In celebration of another successful rhubarb season slowly coming to a close, I wanted to round-up some of my favorites of the year.
- I’ve been staring at this gorgeous Rhubarb Anise Cocktail from Two Tarts since the start of the season. So simple. So refreshing!!
- Nikole Herriott always has the best photos, and when I saw this Rhubarb Tart paired with David Lebovitz’ Panna Cotta the other day, I just about lost it.
- Zoë François bakes a Rhubarb Pie with her graduating 8th grade son. Love.
- Like I said before, nothing says summer like an ice-cold libation. Adrianna of A Cozy Kitchen shares her Spicy Rhubarb Margarita that has us ready for the heat.
- Alanna Taylor-Tobin has great step-by-step photos, and this Rhubarb Bourbon Brown Butter Tart with Almond Crust is no exception.
- My wife made these Strawberry Rhubarb Ginger Crumb Bars for kickball a couple weeks ago. That’s right. I play kickball.
- Lastly, this Jam recipe will keep you satisfied until next rhubarb season rolls around.
Enjoy the weekend everybody! If you happen to stumble upon some rhubarb at the farmer’s market this weekend, grab it and give one of these recipes a go. I’m off to the woods to celebrate three full decades! Ciao.