Considering the amount of fresh bread Audrey’s been baking lately (four loaves a week!!) we’ve been eating our weight in sourdough! While I’m a sucker for avocado toast as much as the next guy, I’ve been experimenting with several other flavor combinations. It’s hard to go wrong with a thick slice of crunchy rustic bread, piled high with delectable toppings . . . especially of the breakfast variety. Listed here are my recent favorites. Give them a try on their own, or make an assortment of smaller crostini for your next brunch gathering. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- Cream cheese with macerated blackberries and thyme.
- Soft scrambled eggs with ikura and chives.
- Almond butter, banana, chia seeds, toasted coconut and honey.
- Feta with sour cherry jam and lemon zest.
- Avocado mash with lemon, dukkah and red chili flakes.
(images by HonestlyYUM)