Have you tried kefir before? Kefir is a cultured milk product that is similar to yogurt and has the same probiotic benefits of yogurt. It’s a bit sweeter than yogurt and slightly tart– the flavor is like a combination of yogurt and buttermilk. I’ve been on a kefir binge lately, my local super market carries different brands and types, both plain and flavored. The flavored versions are SO delicious but contain quite a lot of sugar, so lately, I’ve been buying the plain unsweetened kind and adding my own natural sweeteners. I also love adding granola for some texture. This stuff is seriously better than your typical parfait and if you’re looking to change up your breakfast routine, make this kefir bowl!
- Unflavored/unsweetened kefir
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries (this is for about 4 bowls, but you can adjust accordingly)
- 1 banana (this is for about 4 bowls, but you can adjust accordingly)
- toppings of granola, strawberries, fresh blueberries, chia seeds or bee pollen
- Blend the frozen blueberries and banana together until smooth. Swirl into a small bowl of kefir
- Top with toppings of your choice.
(images by HonestlyYUM)