Breakfast is a big deal in our house. It didn’t always used to be this way. Most days, Audrey and I could both probably survive on coffee alone. But ever since little Ms. Fiona popped out, breakfast has become yet another formal sit-down family affair. She’s definitely the hungriest in the morning, and her appetite seems to taper off throughout the day. I have no idea if this is typical 2-year-old behavior, but it seems to be working for her. Consequently, I’ve expanded my breakfast playbook. This is a girl that just this morning ate her own half-stack of pancakes! Anyway, ever since I first laid eyes on Lily’s Jalapeño Cheddar Waffle Rancheros, I knew I’d be making them one day (channeling my inner Wayne, “It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.“). And so, they finally made their appearance earlier this week, complete with fried egg and all. Of course, I topped it all off with our Cheeseboard Papi Chulo Sauce, because well, no explanation needed . . .
- Speaking of breakfast, hello white currants . . .
- Brandon’s watermelon tomato margaritas got me wishing summer would never end . . .
- Stunning photographs, as well as some truly inspiring words from Brooke.
- The ice cream of my dreams!!
- Is there such a thing as stone fruit envy?
- Words of wisdom on how to cook the perfect soft boil egg for all you high altitude peeps!
- Heather was on the Today Show!!
- Laura always has the best salmon recipes.
- Some Olympic food for thought – what Rio doesn’t want the world to see.
- And on a lighter note – more Wayne’s World happiness 🙂
Have a beautiful weekend!!
(image by HonestlyYUM)