To say I love donuts is an understatement. I adore donuts. When I was 5, my “birthday cake” was a box of Dunkin’ Donuts topped with birthday candles. I don’t remember most of my birthday cakes, but I’ll always remember that one. Personally, I’m more of a cake donut fan, but I will happily eat a maple bar or a classic glazed any day. So today’s roundup is dedicated to those delicious fried inner tubes of dough. Happy National Donut Day!
- The best donuts in San Francisco obviously includes Bob’s Donuts. (And yes I did the donut challenge. And I failed).
- Don’t worry, Los Angeles– we got you covered with a round up of the best donuts in town.
- And for the rest of America, I hope you find the perfect donut today!
- The donut sock bun. You heard me right.
- One of my favorite donut experiences recently was at Blue Star in Portland. I mean, come on, my creme brulee donut came with a shot of Cointreau. Totally lives up to the hype!
- If you want to make your own donuts without the mess of frying, try these bad boys out!
- And last but not least, if you’re in Los Angeles tonight, stop on by Sassafras in Hollywood to join us for Negroni Week! We’ll be there from 6-8, chilling, drinking and talking about donuts, and all to benefit Inspire Artistic Minds.
(images by HonestlyYUM and donuts by California Donuts)