There are very few dishes or recipes I have never heard of, especially dishes that are made of butter. Apparently, I didn’t get the memo about kouign-amann, a Breton cake made of yeasted dough and layers of butter and sugar, that’s making its way around the internet. Sure it’s labor intensive and takes practically a day to make, but my god– I am dying to know what it tastes like. Just look at it!
- Another thing I’ve never thought of is the combo of chai and banana– but in cake form? Gimme!
- Speaking of great combos, how about an eggplant and goat cheese dip. Oh, and a recipe for olive oil crackers to go with it.
- For you San Franciscans, there’s some Girl Scout cookies and cocktail pairings going on at Alembic. For the rest of you not in San Francisco, here are some suggested pairings.
- Check out these portraits of the winning pageant chickens in Malaysia. You’ll never look at chickens the same way again.
- As a big mid-day snacker, these chocolate, hemp seed, and almond pulp energy bites are must try for me!
(images from Bon Appetit)