- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 6 tablespoons of butter, unsalted and cold
- 3 tablespoons of shortening
- 1 cup of iced water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- Cut butter and shortening into small cubes and place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, add vinegar to iced water.
- In a food processor, add flour, sugar and salt and pulse to combine. Add butter and shortening for 10 seconds. Pour vinegar-water into the food processor 1 tablespoon at a time while pulsing. Add just enough vinegar-water so the dough starts to come together– the dough should not be wet, about 6 tablespoons total. Also do not overpulse the dough there should be chunks of visible butter and shortening at the end.
- Gather dough together and form into a ball. Wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
- Roll dough out into a circle a little larger than your pie pan.
- To get the dough into the pie tin roll the flat dough onto a rolling pin. Unroll the dough onto the pie pan. Trim excess dough.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before filling and baking it.
Recommended in The Pantry
Ingredients: 1 gala apple cinnamon sugar simple syrup sprig of mint Directions: Preheat your oven to 150 °F. Wash and slice the apple into 1/4 inch slices, removing any seeds. Dip the apple slices into […]
Ingredients: 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces 1/2 cup granulated sugar 2 tablespoons brown sugar 1 tablespoon water 1/8 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Directions: Mix together water, butter, granulated sugar and brown […]