- 1/2 pound of powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- Sift the sugar into a bowl.
- Place egg whites into the bowl of a mixer with a whisk attachment. Turn mixer on medium speed and add sugar and cream of tartar to whites while mixing.
- When all sugar is incorporated, turn mixer on high and whisk until thick and very white, about 5-7 minutes.
- Cover the icing with a damp cloth until you use it because it dries very quickly.
Recommended in The Pantry
Ingredients: 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 6 slices of cucumber Directions: Peel a cucumber and cut six 1/2-inch slices. Cut slices in half. Set aside. Add sugar and water to a small saucepan and […]
How to Clean and Break Down Crabs
There’s nothing better than whole crab, but you often get the legs already broken down and cleaned served to you at restaurants. Doing a crab boil at home is simple and so is breaking down a crab. […]