- 1/2 pound of powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- Sift the sugar into a bowl.
- Place egg whites into the bowl of a mixer with a whisk attachment. Turn mixer on medium speed and add sugar and cream of tartar to whites while mixing.
- When all sugar is incorporated, turn mixer on high and whisk until thick and very white, about 5-7 minutes.
- Cover the icing with a damp cloth until you use it because it dries very quickly.
Recommended in The Pantry
Ingredients: 1 egg yolk 1/2 – 2/3 cup of a neutral oil, like grapeseed or safflower oil 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard 1/4 teaspoon of […]
Ingredients: 1 cup of buttermilk, well shaken 1/4 cup of Greek-style yogurt or sour cream 1/2 cup of mayonnaise 1 garlic clove, minced 2 tablespoons of shallots, minced 2 tablespoons of basil, minced 2 tablespoons […]