One of my New Year’s resolution is practicing more patience. This applies to all parts of my life, but in the kitchen it means finally taking the time out to utilize my proofing baskets and make more bread at home. I think I’ll start with a San Francisco classic, Tartine bread!
- I could snack on these all year long: Hawaiian coffee sugar crusted almonds.
- This is the most innovative use of my favorite vegetable: Mashed potato, cheddar and chive waffles.
- Will cauliflower be the kale of 2014? (this will be on my to-do list next year)
- Ice cream sandwiches were big this year, but no one did them as elegantly as Roost.
- I love adult renditions of the s’more, but this one with homemade lavender marshmallow is quite possibly my favorite.
- Another New Year’s resolution– use more rhubarb.
- If the trending paleo diet involves Samoa donuts, I’m in.
- I fell in love with this Cardamom-Coconut Cuba Libre the moment I saw it. Can’t wait for Todd to make me one in 2014!
(images from Tartine-Bread Experiment)