I am hunched over in the back corner of Peet’s Coffee here in Berkeley, sipping an almond milk cappuccino (whaaaat?) and I am overwhelmed with emotion. Perhaps I am excited about the holiday weekend – a chance to escape with my wife and Grizzly up to the tranquility of the Sierras. Or maybe it’s simply the gin martini I had for lunch. Probably both. Regardless, it’s sure to be a fabulous Fourth of July – full of food, drinks and family.
- There’s no doubt, Stephanie takes the prize for my favorite 4th of July themed recipe.
- I like cookies, and I like thumbs, therefore . . .
- I’d trade my almond milk cappuccino for one of these any day of the week!
- It was a stressful week, so I comforted myself with smashed potatoes and tostadas (thank you Tracy & Adrianna).
- Brandon knows how to make everything better.
- My birthday already passed, but this would have been nice.
- Speaking of dogs . . . this would make the World Cup so much more exciting.
- Don’t worry . . . no wait, WORRY!
Have a happy (and safe) Fourth!!
(image by Call me cupcake)