Last year Karen, Erica and I were invited to attend an intimate event hosted by Woodford Reserve. we got to the chance to meet/drink with a number of spirit journalists and enthusiasts, in addition to Master Distiller, Chris Morris. Woodford was debuting the latest from their Master’s Collection: Sonoma-Cutrer Pinot Noir Finish – a mature Woodford Reserve bourbon finished in Pinot Noir barrels from Sonoma-Cutrer Winery. Needless to say, it was a fabulous evening of wine and whiskey, but most of all, friends. You see, despite our proximity here on the site, Karen and I are a whole golden state apart. Sure, there are trips back and forth, but we’re both pretty settled in our hometowns. So today for happy hour, I busted out a bottle of this splendid whiskey, along with a few pairings (aged gouda, chocolate covered cherries, and smoked salmon to name a few) and toasted the memory of that warm summer night in beautiful San Francisco.
- Another weekend of NFL playoffs, another weekend of wings.
- Winter is tasty.
- Molly got married + made some beautiful cocktails!!
- Everyone needs a donut apron. Duh.
- Major green sandwich envy.
- Speaking of green (goddess).
- Why Chartreuse kicks a** (more green).
- Last meal worthy . . .
- It’s all in the seasoning.
(images by HonestlyYUM)