Thursdays are officially the worst!! You see, we just started daycare for Fiona on Thursdays and frankly, I don’t think I can handle it. Don’t get me wrong, the daycare is great and she gets along well with all the other children. And yet, watching her stare up at me from the floor with a confused look on her face, tears welling in her eyes as I reluctantly back my way out the door is, well, like I said – the WORST! She’s our first child and I get that it’s important for her to social with her peers – you know, someone besides the dog. Even so, I can’t help but feel guilty dropping her off each Thursday morning as I explain, “Don’t worry sweetie, I’ll be back in a few hours. I just have to go photograph some caipirinhas.” Or yesterday, “Sorry baby, I have an important business meeting at the bar. Mommy will be here soon, I promise!” Not more than an hour later I was drowning my guilt “giraffe-deep” in a chartreuse swizzle at Longitude in Oakland. Bah, enough complaining! After all, it’s Friday. Here’s to a weekend full of good food (links below) good drinks, and most importantly, family. Oh, and football. Don’t forget football!!
- So intrigued by Rachael’s grilled cheese with jam and chile.
- Next LEVEL creamy!!
- I’m a fool for these fools.
- Oh summer berries, please don’t leave us.
- Every week I feel lucky that Tracy gives us a peek behind the scenes.
- I’m still not sure if I want to eat this sandwich, or just stare at it. Also, checkout Stephanie’s giveaway!!
- Football is back, and Jessica has you covered!!
- Speaking of football, I think I’ll take a tray of these nachos on Sunday, please.
- Very, very sneaky!!
- Sorry, not sorry.
Happy weekend!! xo
(image by HonestlyYUM)